Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Turf Battles Before Daylight

Just another quick note before I head off to the workroom...out the window of my graphic design nook, I can see out over the pond.  Very early in the morning, it is beautiful as the sun begins to lighten up the sky and wake up the day. 

In the pre-dawn glow, the water ripples and sometimes, literally churns with the morning activities of wild life of various sorts; geese, ducks, frogs, fish, and... the most irritable hawk I've ever seen. 

Yesterday morning, I was startled out of my reverie by an explosion of wings, water, and outraged quacks erupting from the pond.  Thrusting myself almost through the window to see what was going on, I beheld this soppy-wet guy coming in for a landing on the swing cross-bar:


and, this huffy duck, who was circling under him with indignant strokes of his paddle feet and who was giving him the business with all the duck curse words he could remember:




Turf Battle.  Before full daylight.  Geeze.  Some days just get started off on the wrong foot...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...