Sunday, May 13, 2012

Thanks, Mom

My older brother posted our Mom's photo on his Facebook page today.  I was startled, because for an instant, I thought I was looking at myself from a much earlier time...


Somehow, I never saw that resemblance before, although people said I looked just like her when I was younger.  Which always made me mad, because I was young and she was old, for goodness sakes.  My gracious.  Now I wish I could go back and visit with her, and find out how she styled that hair-do.  And tell her how pretty she was;  how vastly talented; and how very much I appreciate the gifts she passed on to me.
 
Thanks, Mom.

5 comments:

M said...

Stupid 80's ruined good hair! I always laugh when mom tells me how people thought I was yours when I was a baby-- I, too, look a fair bit like my ma ;)

snowwhite said...

Linda,
Me too, me too!! When I was much younger, I was not happy to be said I looked like my mom. Now I appreciate to be said so. Reading your blog, I nodded and smiled.
No matter how old she gets, mom is mom. No matter how old I gets I am her child. There is no sweeter word than mother, mom and so on.
Have a nice week!
keiko

Linda McMullan said...

Meg, you do look like your Ma in some ways, but you are the other person I saw in Mom's picture! Which made me (and Mom) smile, both inside and out.

Linda McMullan said...

Keiko, that is amazing that you had the same feelings! So funny that young women only want to look like themselves, but later on, they cherish the resemblance to their sweet Moms...

M said...

Casey and I are both very flexible-- put us next to the Caseys and we fit right in, ditto with your half of the family. Genetic chameleons!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...