Sunday, August 8, 2010

Mr. Piggy Gets Fine Tuned

Okay, I promised a photo of Mr. Piggy on the workbench, so here he is:
 He's almost ready to fly...I just need to add some jowls to his face to fatten him up.  This new papier mache mix I'm using is really amazingly easy to build with.   It's just like clay!

The recipe needs to get written down before I forget what I did - 
  • Soak cheap newsprint with Clorox until it gets soft.
  • Grind up in blender until it is mush, drain well.
  • Add white glue, linseed oil, drywall mud and stucco mix - I'm using a Sto product. 
  • Store in covered container in a cool spot.  That's it!
I made a wire armature out of expanded metal, and went at it with a spatula until I got to the tight places, then I used the back of a spoon.  Pretty cool.

After his bigger cheeks dry (they won't get put on until tomorrow night), I'll sand him down and paint him.  Maybe with a bathing suit, since it is so darn hot!

Tomorrow I'm back at Tideline Fabrics...my REAL job!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...