Saturday, October 5, 2013

Back To School - With A New Tool Box!

Wow.  I can't believe it is time to Go Back To School already.


Monday morning at about 5:00 AM my time, Lilla Rogers, working in concert with Beth Kempton of Do What You Love for Life, will post the first mini brief in the classroom, and it will be Game On for five very intense weeks.

Just like the class that took place in June and July, the roster of students is as impressive as it is, well, intimidating - artists from all over the world will be slinging paint and brandishing Wacom Pens at all hours of the day and night as we race the deadline to submit our assignments every Sunday at 5:00 PM.  A few hours to breathe, then 
it starts all over again on Monday morning at 5:00.

It is utterly Exhilarating,
 and a Powerful Blooming Time
 for every single student in this class.

I have new tools to use in this segment: for starters, a new Wacom Intuos4 wireless pen tablet that I am besotted with. 


LOVE.  LOVE.  LOVE!

And a new understanding of Adobe Illustrator CS5,




and a subscription to Lynda.com to answer any questions I might have at any hour of the day (or night) about how to do something in Photoshop or Illustrator.


Because Lilla and Beth are all about business -the name of the course is Make Art That Sells after all - I also have a brand new website :





and a start on building my profile on the new 
Moyo Directory of Surface and Pattern designers:


Hard to believe how much I had NOT done to market myself before taking this class, and I have to say I've still not submitted to Art Directors, because I want all those websites finished before I do...what if they were to take a peek and say,
 "Well.  She simply doesn't have her act together.  Next, please."

The tools that I gained from the first segment in June/July would fill several tool boxes and are almost overwhelming - Lilla Rogers and Beth Kempton have packed these classes so full  that I'm still trying to absorb and put it all to use...and now, a new class begins!

Wowzer.  Time to go Get Cracking.
With my New Tool Box!!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...